By using modern technologies, Kylo delivers improved quality, security and governance
Organizations have tried to build complex, custom-engineered and Hadoop-enabled solutions in-house that often lack governance, security and quality control. These complex projects have become too costly and time consuming, resulting in business users losing interest and significant loss of the investment.
With these challenges in mind, Think Big has built Kylo on eight years of global expertise involving 150 data lake projects in global banking, telecoms, retail and more. Kylo is a solutions framework for delivering data lakes on Hadoop and Spark. The benefits of Kylo include:
- Scale for the future: makes it easy to scale data lakes to large numbers of data feeds with a template approach and a visual interface to simplify creating and modifying them with security built-in
- Easy to use: includes an intuitive user interface for self-service data ingest and wrangling (no coding required!), allowing more IT professionals to access the data lake
- Metadata management: provides metadata tracking, allowing data stewards and data scientists to quickly catalog, discover and qualify data and understand the accuracy of data
- Operational monitoring: offers an operations dashboard for SLA tracking and feed monitoring
- Best-of-breed technology: built on modern open source frameworks such as Apache Spark and Apache NiFi
The Kylo journey is a three step process that addresses the key stages of data lake ingestion, transformation and discovery:
- Ingest: there are many tools that ingest batch data, but few that will work to ingest streaming or real-time data. Kylo supports a mixture of both.
- Prepare: using Kylo, companies are able to pull apart and understand their data better. Kylo helps to cleanse data in order to improve its quality and to accredit data governance.
- Discover: once your data has been ingested, cleansed and installed in the data lake, your analysts and data scientists can begin to search and find what data is available to them. Kylo makes this data discovery simple, allowing users to build queries to access the data in order to build data products that support analysis.
Find out more about Kylo.
Building future growth with our Velocity services
Think Big’s Velocity approach provides a proven set of services to help organizations wherever they are on their big data journey. From Architecture, Data Lake, Data Science, Analytic Solutions, Managed Services, and Training, we can turn your big data challenges into solutions and tangible business outcomes, faster and at lower risk.