This course is designed for administrators who need to implement and maintain secure HDP clusters. Topics include: known security issues in HDP, HDP security platforms and prerequisites, Kerberos and HDP, Ambari Server security, and Apache Ranger and Knox.
Who is the course for
Experienced HDP Administrators that need to implement security in their Enterprise HDP clusters.
Students should be familiar with HDP Administration principles and tools covered in the HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration I and Hadoop Administration II courses. Previous experience with Active Directory/LDAP and Kerberos is also helpful but not required.
- Explain the principles of security in HDP
- Understand and exploit default HDP security issues
- Identify key HDP security platforms for administration, authentication, authorization, audit and data protection
- Understand HDP security prerequisites
- Use Kerberos as part of HDP authentication
- Compare Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC) alternatives
- Describe how Ambari and HDP cluster nodes integrate with user/group management systems
- Detail Kerberos strong authentication and architecture
- Compare options for KDC master and slave implementations
- Configure Ambari and HDP for Kerberos
- Establish a trust between Active Directory and KDC
- Secure Ambari Server instances
- Encrypt Ambari database and passwords
- Configure Ambari for LDAP or Active Directory authentication
- Set up HTTP/SSL
- Enable SPNEGO authentication for HDP
- Implement Ranger and Ranger KMS
- Configure Apache Solr
- Configure HDFS encryption and encryption zones
- Describe Ranger plug-in integration
- Implement Knox
- Secure Ambari Viewas
- Explore and exploit the HDP cluster
- Integrate Active Directory
- Karberize the cluster
- Secure Ambari
- Install Ranger
- Install and exercise Ranger KMS
- Utilizing Ranger plug-ins
- Install and validate Knox
- Secure Ambari Views
Related Training Courses
HDP Developer: Apache Pig and Hive This 4-day hands-on training course teaches attendees how to develop applications and analyse big data stored in Apache Hadoop 2.x using Pig and Hive.
HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 This 4-day course is designed for Hortonworks Data Platform administrators, and covers installation, configuration, maintenance, security and performance topics.
HDP Analyst: Data Science This 3-day course provides instruction on the processes and practice of data science, including machine learning and natural language processing.
HDP Operations: Hortonworks Data Flow This 3-day course is designed for ‘Data Stewards’ or ‘Data Flow Managers’ who are looking forward to automate the flow of data between systems.
HDP Analyst: Apache HBase Essentials This 2-day workshop introduces HBase basics, structure and operations in an intensely hands-on experience.
HDP Operations: Apache HBase Advanced Management This 4-day course is designed for administrators who will be installing, configuring and managing HBase clusters.
HDP Developer: Enterprise Spark 1 This 4-day course is designed as an entry point for developers who need to create applications to analyse Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Spark.
the Hortonworks Data Platform This 2-day course is designed for those who are familiar with Hadoop distributions, who are migrating covers installation, configuration, maintenance, security and performance topics.No Events on The List at This Time