This course is designed for administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.3 clusters with Ambari. It covers upgrades, configuration, application management, and other common tasks.
Who is the course for
IT administrators and operators responsible for configuring, managing, and supporting an Hadoop 2.3 deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Attendees should have attended HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 or possess equivalent knowledge and experience. Attendees should be familiar with basic HDP administration and Linux environments.
What you will learn
- Execute automated installation of and upgrades to HDP clusters
- Configure HDFS for NFS integration and centralized caching
- Control application behaviour using node labels
- Deploy applications using Slider
- Understand how to configure HDP for optimum Hive performance
- Integrate Ambari with an existing LDAP environment to manage users and groups
- Configure high availability for Hive and Oozie
- Ingest SQL tables and log files into HDFS
- Support scalable and automated HDP application best practices
- Configure automated HDP data replication
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Perform an HDP Rolling Upgrade
- Configure HDFS NFS Gateway
- Configure HDFS Centralized Cache
- Configure YARN Node Labels
- Deploy HBase using Slider
- Integrate Ambari with LDAP
- Configure Hive High Availability
- Move Data Using Flume and Squoop
- Run an Oozie Workflow
- Configure Oozie High Availability
- Configure Data Mirroring using Falcon
- Install HDP using Ambari Blueprints
- 60% Lecture/Discussion
- 40% Hands-on Labs
Related Training Courses
HDP Developer: Apache Pig and Hive This 4-day hands-on training course teaches attendees how to develop applications and analyse Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop 2.x using Pig and Hive.
HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 This 4-day course is designed for Hortonworks Data Platform administrators, and covers installation, configuration, maintenance, security and performance topics.
HDP Administrator: Security This 3-day course is designed for experienced administrators who will be implementing secure Hadoop clusters using authentication, authorisation, auditing and data protection strategies and tools.
HDP Analyst: Data Science This 3-day course provides instruction on the processes and practice of data science, including machine learning and natural language processing.
HDP Operations: Hortonworks Data Flow This 3-day course is designed for ‘Data Stewards’ or ‘Data Flow Managers’ who are looking forward to automate the flow of data between systems.
HDP Analyst: Apache HBase Essentials This 2-day workshop introduces HBase basics, structure and operations in an intensely hands-on experience.
HDP Operations: Apache HBase Advanced Management This 4-day course is designed for administrators who will be installing, configuring and managing HBase clusters.
HDP Developer: Enterprise Spark 1 This 4-day course is designed as an entry point for developers who need to create applications to analyse Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Spark.