This course is designed for administrators who will be managing the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.3 with Ambari. It covers installation, configuration, and other typical cluster management tasks.
Who is the course for
IT administrators and operators responsible for installing, configuring, and supporting an HDP 2.3 deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
Attendees should be familiar with Hadoop and Linux environments.
What you will learn
- Summarize and enterprise environment including big data, Hadoop and the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Install HDP
- Manage Ambari Users and Groups
- Manage Hadoop Services
- Use HDFS Storage
- Manage HDFS Storage
- Configure HDFS Storage
- Configure HDFS Transparent Data Encryption
- Configure the YARN Resource Manager
- Submit YARN Jobs
- Configure the YARN Capacity Scheduler
- Add and Remove Cluster Nodes
- Configure HDFS and YARN Rack Awareness
- Configure HDFS and YARN High Availability
- Monitor a Cluster
- Protect a Cluster with Backups
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Performing an Interactive Ambari HDP Cluster Installation
- Configuring Ambari Users and Groups
- Managing Hadoop Services
- Using HDFS Files and Directories
- Using WebHDFS
- Configuring HDFS ACLs
- Managing HDFS
- Managing HDFS Quotas
- Configuring HDFS Transparent Data Encryption
- Configuring and Managing YARN
- Non-Ambari YARN Management
- Configuring YARN Failure Sensitivity, Work Preserving Restarts, and Log Aggregation Settings
- Submitting YARN Jobs
- Configuring Different Workload Types
- Configuring User and Groups for YARN Labs
- Configuring YARN Resource Behavior and Queues
- User, Group and Fine-Tuned Resource Management
- Adding Worker Nodes
- Configuring Rack Awareness
- Configuring HDFS High Availability
- Configuring YARN High Availability
- Configuring and Managing Ambari Alerts
- Configuring and Managing HDFS Snapshots
- Using Distributed Copy (DistCP)
- 60% Lecture/Discussion
- 40% Hands-on Labs
Related Training Courses
HDP Developer: Apache Pig and Hive This 4-day hands-on training course teaches attendees how to develop applications and analyse big data stored in Apache Hadoop 2.x using Pig and Hive.
HDP Developer: Java Applications This 4-day course provides Java programmers a deep-dive into Hadoop 2.x application development.
HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 2 This 3-day course is designed for experienced administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.3 clusters with Ambari.
HDP Administrator: Security This 3-day course is designed for experienced administrators who will be implementing secure Hadoop clusters using authentication, authorisation, auditing and data protection strategies and tools.
HDP Analyst: Data Science This 3-day course provides instruction on the processes and practice of data science, including machine learning and natural language processing.
HDP Operations: Hortonworks Data Flow This 3-day course is designed for ‘Data Stewards’ or ‘Data Flow Managers’ who are looking forward to automate the flow of data between systems.
HDP Analyst: Apache HBase Essentials This 2-day workshop introduces HBase basics, structure and operations in an intensely hands-on experience.
HDP Operations: Apache HBase Advanced Management This 4-day course is designed for administrators who will be installing, configuring and managing HBase clusters.
HDP Developer: Enterprise Spark 1 This 4-day course is designed as an entry point for developers who need to create applications to analyse big data stored in Apache Hadoop using Spark.